Benefits to Programs
As a child care provider, you are a great resource to children and families. By participating in Maryland EXCELS, you have the opportunity to share information and resources about the quality of care happening in the program. Advertising an EXCELS level demonstrates to parents and the community that you are committed to excellence and are continually working toward greater achievements. Additionally, you can use the QRIS level as a marketing or promotional tool, and will be able to display the check level prominently. There may also be additional financial incentives tied to the Maryland EXCELS system based on the number of children in the program who are eligible for child care subsidy through the state.
Awards, Bonuses and Incentives
- Child Care Centers (including School-Age Programs)
- Family Child Care
- Large Family Child Care Home
- Tiered Reimbursement
- Maryland Family Network and the Maryland Child Care Resource Network - training and free technical assistance available throughout Maryland. Contact your local Resource Center for details.
- Discounts for Maryland EXCELS Participants:
- Professional Activity Units