October 29, 2019
In general, we encourage programs and providers to seek help from
Program Coordinators when they need:
- Brief help navigating the Maryland EXCELS system and this assistance can be provided over the phone or via email;
- Guidance on the standards and evidence;
- Documents they have uploaded to be reviewed and rated; and
- To give feedback about the standards, website, or the online system.
Quality Assurance Specialists when they need:
- Face to face, on-site, or telephone/email support with the system, standards, or evidence including assistance with registering;
- Assistance with other MSDE initiatives such as: MSDE Accreditation, credential applications, PEEP assessments, PAS/BAS mentoring and/or assessments, etc.;
- Assistance with scanning, uploading documents, and/or computer use; or
- Training or support related to Maryland EXCELS.
- NOTE: Quality Assurance Specialists also conduct random Monitoring Visits to published programs to verify implementation of Maryland EXCELS standards. QASs also provide follow up and technical assistance related to monitoring visit observations.
Technical Assistance Specialists when they:
- Already have a close working relationship with their local Child Care Resource Center;
- Need assistance with other MSDE initiatives such as: Child Care Credential applications, developmental screening requirements, PAS/BAS, Accreditation, etc.;
- Need assistance with scanning, uploading documents, and/or computer use;
- Need training or support related to Maryland EXCELS;
- Need support and technical assistance related to monitoring visit observations conducted by a Quality Assurance Specialist;
- Need assistance with a specific child in the program (behavioral challenges, identified or potential developmental delays, etc.); or
- Express an interest in other types of program improvement such as room arrangement.